Finally France wins over Croatia in final game for the title and stops the dream run of Croatia.
Last night in Moscow, France defeats Croatia by 4-2 and claims the title for the second time. They had won their first WC title in 1998.
From match, Mario Mandzukic is first scorer of the match but he hit the ball into his own nets. In 18th min of first half, Mandukic headed the free kick of Griezmann into his own nets. He became the first player to score an own goal in a WC final.
After that Ivan Perisic scored for Croatia and equalise scores but before the end of first half Griezmann scored second goal for France which ended the first half for France as 2-1.
In second half, Pogba and Mbappe scored two consecutive goals in 59th and 65th min respectively. In response Mandzukic scores 2nd goal for Croatia.
Croatia wouldn’t succeed to take lead in whole game and the game ended as 4-2 win for France. Mandzukic also became the second player in world cup history to score goals for both of the teams.
Before this final game, Belgium won over England by 2-0 for third place.
In awards ceremony:
- Luka Modric (Cro) awarded as best player of tournament and won Golden Ball
- Harry kane (Eng) awarded as best scorer (6 goals) of tournament and won Golden Boot
- Thibout Courtios (Bel) awarded with Golden Glove award as best goalkeeper of tournament.
- Kylian Mbappe (Fra) is elected as Best Young Player in tournament.
- Antoine Griezmann (Fra) is awarded with Bronze ball as well as Silver Boot for his 4 goals and 2 assists.
- Eden Hazard (Bel) awarded as Siver Ball and Romelu Lukaku (Bel) awarded as Bronze Boot.
- Spain got FIFA Fair Play
After winning final game, 38 m USD for France, 28 m USD for Croatia and 24m USD for Belgium are announced as prize money awards. Total of 400m USD awarded to total 32 teams participated in the tournament.