Is pumpkin really useful to your health? Does it help in losing weight? Are you one of those who always take much care of their charming shape? Then, take just a few minutes getting through this article.
Pumpkin is a kind of plant that has a large size and spherical shape. It is either orange or dark yellow in colour. It has also a smooth texture and thick crust.
There is a consensus among nutrition specialists on the high value of pumpkin nutrition. They assure that it has many nutritious ingredients including iron, fiber, calcium, vitamins (C & E), proteins, beta carotene and low calories. This gives it the privilege to be on top of plants used for both weight loss and weight gain!
Dr. Elizabeth Johnson, a scientist at Antioxidants Laboratory, states that a healthy diet that may help in losing weight should have diversity of food groups. Low calories pumpkin recipes are to be a member of such groups. Thus, a diet that is targeted to losing much harmless weight loss must include it.
Does Pumpkin really help in weight loss?
Do you think so? No one can decide a fact like that except scientists and nutrition specialists. Deciding losing weight may affect millions of people who would like to keep fit. Therefore, do not take such a decision by yourself. It should be taken under supervision of your doctor.
Science Speaks up!
In fact, specialists confirm that pumpkin is ideal for weight loss. There are countless reasons behind recommending it to be part of your dietary food.
- It is very low in calories; one cup gives only 40 calories (ideal for a healthy diet). To lose weight means that your daily consumption of calories is to be higher than your daily calories intake. Since pumpkin is very low in calories, having one cup of it in your diet will reduce their quantity in your body.
- It is very high in dietary fibres; one cup gives eight grams of fibers (ideal for a healthy diet). Dietary fibers cannot be digested in the body easily because they are not identified by digestive enzymes. This reduces the urge of eating and so you will lose your appetite, which deprives you of feeling hungry.
- It is an antioxidant vegetable; in fact, it is full of antioxidant carotenoids which protect body cells against damage, and lead to weight loss. In a study by L.D. Wigham et al (2012), two groups were treated by such carotenoid for three months. Both groups have proved losing weight, which itself proves that elevated proportion of carotenoid in the body is correlated with significant weight loss.
- Pumpkin nutrition provides a good group of vitamins; specialized health sources speak about pumpkin as being rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and even calcium. Supplementing your meal with pumpkin will make it in turn rich in such vitamins that are important to lose weight. For instance, vitamin D alerts your body when to store or burn fats. Moreover, many studies show that calcium in a low-calorie meal is much effective in weight loss.
How does Pumpkin help in weight loss?
In addition to vitamin A, E, C, and D, pumpkin also has zinc, calcium, folic, pantothenic, and iron. These elements are essential for going on a diet to lose weight, even much weight! Yet, the most significant component is carnitine (vitamin T). Each component has its own mechanism that help the body lose weight.
Low calories in pumpkin nutrition
It has very low calories. The less calories your body gets, the more light weight it gets. Much research makes it a well known fact that calorie deficit is essential for weight loss. You might think that you do not eat too calories every day. But, actually, you do. Many kinds of food that you eat have too many calories. Therefore, to guarantee that your meal is void of such a quantity of calories, you should include pumpkin into your meals.
Vitamin D properties
As a main component of pumpkin, vitamin D helps in metabolism. This means that it helps also in burning fats. This mechanism does not supply much fat that can be accumulated in muscles and under skin.
Rich in carotene and beta-carotene
This substance is found in yellow colour of the pulp. Carotene is responsible for giving pumpkin its orange colour. It is crucial for weight loss. Beta-carotene is a precursor to vitamin A. When it turns into vitamin A, it becomes fat-soluble element. This, in turn, prevents fats from accruing in the body.
Refuelling after workout
Some people set a specific work-out program to help lose much weight. Daily work-outs consume much energy. Pumpkin has much potassium that can refuel your body and even save much energy, which helps you keep your program for weight loss. In fact, potassium helps the body in restoring electrolytes especially after hard and long workouts.
How to eat pumpkin for weight loss
Pumpkin-based diets are safe and secure, and can be more effective in weight loss if associated with a regular programme of workouts. They are available in a variety of types that are affordable and easy come. Besides being healthy and useful for weight loss, they are delicious. Some of those recipes include the following.
1) Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Named by many as “glorious soup”. This type of squad is chipped and roasted to be softer and sweeter, and to make a rich and delicious dish. With its additives, it can do wonders in losing your weight. Ingredients of the recipe include:
- half a cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli
- 1.5 kg pumpkin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- 2 Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups low-sodium stock
After heating the oven up to 170 degree, cut the pumpkin in half and then cut them into pieces. Do not forget to get rid of all seeds. Put the pumpkin pieces in large trays and sprinkle some olive oil on them. Add chilli and coriander with smooth salt. With some pepper, spatter spices on the pieces. Afterwards, roast the pumpkin pieces for on hour or so. While the pieces are roasted, chop the onion, garlic, celery (and carrot if found). Simmer the olive oil and add the vegetables, then cook for quarter an hour. Add the squash to the pan with hot stock. Do you need a softer consistency? Blend and add some little water. Pour into bowls, adding any of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Pumpkin for weight loss has become essential. Have a tasty meal that makes you lose weight in a few days. As you can see, healthy pumpkin soup recipes weight loss is now available and easy to achieve.
2) Pumpkin Pancakes
This snack is most recommended to be eaten in winter cool mornings. It is wonderful concerning its taste and effectiveness in weight loss. Hers are the proposed ingredients:
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Less than ¼ nutmeg
- Too little ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup or little glass of milk
- 5 to 7 tablespoon pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter
Stir baking powder, salt, sugar, and spices in a large tureen. Mix pumpkin, butter, egg, and milk in a different tureen until they become dry. Heat butter (medium heat) and pour some on each pancake. Cook all for 3 minutes (each side) and serve with syrup and butter.
3) Pumpkin Juice
It is well known for cleansing the body and losing much weight in a short time. It is beneficial for those who seek well being and agility. Following are the ingredients and method.
- ½ chopped pumpkin
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- Less than ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Pour some apple juice into the mixer. Add the pumpkin, the apricot nectar, and cinnamon. Turn the mixer on to mix all the ingredients. Move the mixed ingredients to any kind of pots, and put the juice in a fridge.
4) Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin dip is usually delicious, and results in quick and amazing weight loss. It is served with vanilla wafers or gingersnaps. It is widely recommended as it includes much nutritional value. Ingredients and method are as follows.
- 15 oz. Pumpkin
- 16 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Whisk pumpkin and cream cheese by beating them together, then add the other ingredients while beating them well. Cool the mixture in a fridge. After some minutes, serve your tasty dip with muffins, toasted bagel, or fruit. Finally, enjoy pumpkin weight loss.
5) Pumpkin Cake with Semifreddo Push Pops
This recipe it is a good pumpkin diet for weight loss. Following is how to make the cake.
For cake, use:
- * 1 cup pumpkin puree
- * Less than ½ cup water
- * 2 cups flour
- * ½ teaspoon salt
- * ¼ teaspoon cloves (ground)
- * 1 teaspoon baking soda
- * ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- * ½ teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- * Little ginger
- * 2 cups sugar
- * ½ cup vegetable oil
- * two or 3 egg
- * 4 egg yolks
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla
- * 1/2 c heavy cream
- * 1 third cup sugar
- * Very little salt
To make the cake, heat the oven. Line two pans with greasy foil. Mix all ingredients together in two pans, and bake the mixture for 20 minutes. Cool and wrap in plastic, then let freeze. To make semifreddo, mix the salt, ½ cup sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Whisk while heating over simmering water. When it comes to 160 degrees, cool immediately. Whisk the heavy cream and add the rst of the sugar to it. Wisk until it gets stiff, and then fold it in the yolk. Finally, cut into circular cakes, in molds layer them putting semifreddo between them, and freeze for two or three hours.
6) Pumpkin Pie Bites
(classical delicious pumpkin for weight loss). You will enjoy both tasty sweets and amazing weight loss. Here is how to make such bites.
- pie crusts
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- One teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- whisked cream
Preheat the oven for 350 degrees. Grease and flour a muffin pan (it is better to use a mini-muffin one). With a rolling pin, roll the pie crust. Cut 20 or more rounds of the pie. Use one egg to brush each cake on top. Whisk the cream cheese with sugar while adding the other two eggs. Bake for 20 minutes. A tasty, good for weight loss snack.
Pumpkin Seeds for Weight Loss
To lose weight, it is essential to burn as many calories as you intake. It is very important not to feed your body with useless calories. However, a reduced-calorie diet requires you to make up for the calories your body consumes during the time of making a diet. Here comes the importance of pumpkin seeds weight loss.
Although pumpkin seeds are somehow rich in fats, they contain vitamins and minerals which can substitute the loss of calories. So, it is important to include pumpkin seeds in your daily diet. Pumpkin seeds have the following:
- vitamins and a group of varied minerals
- fibres which are important for weight loss
- full of valuable nutrients, such as protein and carbs
- rich in antioxidants which help much in reducing weight
White Pumpkin for Weight Loss
White pumpkin for weight loss is also available. It is preferred by many people who seek a quick and highly effective method for weight loss. Yet, they prefer it to be served as beverage (or juice) because it would be tastier and more enjoyable.
It is rich in many essential vitamins, like vitamins A, C, and E. It also contain useful minerals, such as calcium and potassium. What makes it unique for weight loss is that it contains low levels of calories and levels of fats. This privilege makes it ideal to be sued for weight loss.
Other health benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is a wonderful fruit that is used from A to Z, which means you will not do without any of its components. Crust, pulp, seeds, and leaves are all eligible, and are always used for making healthy meals.
It contains vital nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. With its rich elements, pumpkin is characterized by some health properties.
- Controls blood pressure: researchers state that pumpkin seed oil contains phytoestrogens that can control and lower blood pressure.
- Controls diabetes: diabetic people can use pumpkin diet for weight loss or pumpkin soup for weight loss, which help in controlling diabetes. Even the components of its seeds help much in the absorption of glucose, which balance it in liver.
- Strengthens immunity: pumpkin is known for containing high levels of vitamin C and beta-carotene. These elements play a vital role in boosting immunity system. And since beta-carotene becomes vitamin A in the body, it prompts the formation white blood cells. This in turn strengthens immunity.
- Enhances vision: vitamin A (in addition to beta-carotene) are boosting factors that can boost vision. They also protect eyes from retinitis pigmentosa, a disease, according to Wikipedia, that may lead to blindness.
- A healthy skin: sun rays can cause your skin to wrinkle, which does much harm to your epidermis. Beta-carotene is able to protect your skin against such harmful rays. Even pumpkin pulp can be used a natural mask to smooth your skin after a long walk under the heating sun.
Pumpkin for Weight Gain
Those who seek weight loss are used to having healthy diets containing pumpkin. But, can pumpkin meals or soups increase weight? The answer is yes, they can! Pumpkin for weight gain is at your hand.
In fact, both research and personal testimonials have shown the effect of pumpkin (particularly white pumpkin) pulp and seeds on increasing weight. Even healthy foods may lead to some unwanted outcomes, like increasing body weight.
It all depends on your weight and readiness to gain weight. 8 oz. in a meal are sufficient to provide your body with 1000 extra calories. If you repeat it daily for one month, you might gain extra weight. But to prevent such a symptom, you can do some workouts.
People who are caring about their body shape or healthy structure by means of weight loss are much lucky! Among hundreds of means of weight loss that dominate the market is pumpkin. Aside from its affordability, it is available in ample amounts, and very useful. It is a type of vegetable that can do wonders to your health. It has been proved that pumpkin diet for weight loss is effective.