Weight loss has been haunting people who pay much attention to their fitness, people who are not satisfied with their overweight, and those who suffer from obesity. Some of them think that only workouts may help with getting to a solution to such a problem. Research has proven that it is a wrong thought. In fact, working out without going on a proper diet cannot work well!
Shedding some extra pounds or kilos needs a balanced diet in the first place. This means that you should eat and drink right. Sprouts, such as moong, chana, and wheat sprouts, have been well established to be effective in weight loss. Sprouts have higher nutritional value than other meals do. They are germinated seeds of grains and legumes, such as beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas, etc.
- They are loaded with fiber. Those who suffer obesity or diabetes need to lose weight, having a diet that contains much fiber.
- Moong sprouts have minerals and vitamins essential for the body.
How sprouts help in weight loss?
Nutritionists and dietitians are abide with the science, and have been able to put it to the test with their clients. According to some tests critical outcomes, they always recommend sprouts for healthy weight loss. They even prefer sprouts to other weight loss recipes for multiple reasons.
- They have the least amount of carbs. Such a property deprives them of being one of the main causes of overweight.
- They do contain high amount of calories that can easily help in obesity.
- They are a rich source of lean proteins which increase satiety; this in turn reduces the amount of food you consume in each meal. It also can encourage you to miss out on a meal or two. The more full you feel, the less meals you will need every day.
- Healthy fats in sprouts will keep you full for a long time, and this can help you manage your dietary routine well. You will take long intervals between meals and do without snacks. This, of course, will help those who seek healthy weight loss.
List of Sprouts for Weight Loss
Obesity has become one of the most worrying health issues all over the world. Those who suffer from obesity have done wonders just to get rid of a little excess in their body weight. Yet, they may not get to what they are struggling for. Some specialists suggest practicing some kind of sports together with making a dietary plan. Others, on the other hand, suggest the best way that can help those people lose weight easily. They recommend modifying daily diet by eliminating junks and including healthy meals. A sprout diet plan for weight loss can be the ideal choice for them. Sprouts are amazing dietary choice that will help the body take its good- looking shape. Because sprouting more important than other types of weight loss recipes, I will mention some best kinds of sprout recipes for weight loss.
(1) Beans Sprouts for Weight Loss
According to Julie Garden-Robinson, Food and Nutrition Specialist, beans are among the most versatile and generally eaten foods all over the world. This is due to its high nutritional composition and its ability to improve the diet quality and long-term health. Eating more beans may reduce disease risk factors. Elevated levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood, particularly LDL, are one of the most effective factors causing heart diseases. Beans are loaded with folate that most studies have discovered its ability to lower the levels of LDL in the blood. This can prevent heart disease.
Shutler SM et al (2004) state that diabetes is one of effects of obesity. Eating a variety of legumes, including beans, may be valuable in the prevention of diabetes. Its consumption increases feelings of fullness and help regulate glucose and insulin levels in the blood.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup ginger
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A little bit of black pepper
- Some chopped Celery
- ¾ pan bean sprout
- 1 cup or glass water
- Some green onions
- Put the pan on the cooker.
- Put the sesame oil into the pan to give a flavor.
- Add the ginger, the onion, and the garlic together.
- Stir them together for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and the black pepper.
- Add the celery.
- Stir for 90 seconds.
- Add the sprout beans and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place the green onions and stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
You can add soybean sauce or spices to give more flavors.
(2) Moong Sprouts for Weight Loss
Suffer a lot because of some excess in your weight or you search for ways to relieve the effects of diabetes? Dietitians advise you to eat moong sprouts for weight loss. Specialists and chefs always assure that they are among the best sprouts for weight loss. They provide fiber and protein which can reduce calorie intake as they are effectual satiating nutrients. Moong sprouts are also a high source of antioxidants, manganese, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, and many B vitamins. So, they are useful in treating several age-related diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, heart diseases, and obesity.
- 1 cup moong bean sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Some salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- One teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Prepare the beans sprouts by washing and then drying them
- Put the vegetable oil in a heated pan or wok, and heat for a moment.
- When it is hot, add the bean sprouts.
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Add sugar, salt, and soy sauce.
- Stir and fry.
- Add the sesame oil.
- Enjoy the hot, delicious sprouts.
To get a more sprouts benefits, you can add mushroom, cabbage, broccoli or other vegetables.
(3) Chana Sprouts for Weight Loss
Like other weight loss sprouts, chana sprouts also help in weight loss dietary regime. Consuming chana can improve your digestive system and eliminates constipation and other digestion related problems. Furthermore, chana defends you against cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and obesity. It is also loaded with fiber, minerals, vitamins, and protein which are essential nutrients playing a vital role in weight loss. It is also low in calories, and have a low glycemic index, which makes it an ideal snack for diabetics.
Notice that before you make the recipe, soak the chana overnight and then wrap it in a wet muslin cloth for 24 hours to get the chana sprouted.
- 1 medium-sized bowl Sprouted Black Chana
- One finely cut cucumber
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped
- 1 finely cut tomato
- 2 tablespoons chaat Masala
- In a bowl, add sprouted chana, onion, tomato, and cucumber.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Add chaat masala and salt and mix all the ingredients together well.
- Sprinkle coriander.
- Serve for breakfast.
(4) Wheat Sprouts for Weight Loss
Wheat sprouts are useful for clearing away toxins form the body, and also can improve the process of metabolism. They are rich in antioxidants that help in burning more calories, so they protect your body against gaining weight. Moreover, they provide the body with necessary vitamins as they are a good source for vitamins B and E.
In the nutrition field, it has been established that wheat sprouts can reduce inflammation, which in turn reduces accumulation of fats especially in the belly area. In fact, wheat sprouts are excellent protein source for vegetarians and for those who seek quick weight loss.
- ½ cup wheat sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves
- 15 to 20 soya chunks
- 1 cup onion greens
- Soy sauce
- Salt for taste
- Boil some water and soak the soya chunks into it.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze to drain the water.
- Heat some sesame oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic until it becomes brown.
- Then add the soya chunks and fry them until they get brown.
- Add spring onion greens and keep stirring.
- After two minutes, add a dash of soy sauce.
- Add wheat sprouts and keep stirring.
- And then add salt.10. Add sesame oil and seeds.
- Serve hot.
How to Eat Sprouts for Weight Loss
Sprouts diet for weight loss has been known for centuries. But nowadays, it is becoming the newest cry in the fitness industry. For this cogent reason, a great number of social media and websites try to give a hand to people for sprouting. One of the facets of such help is teaching people how to prepare and eat sprouts. They also give much advice on how to deal with sprouts in case you like or dislike some of them.
Tips Eating sprouts
Some people do not prefer sprouts after eating a sprout that seems unpleasant to them. Here are some tips to cling firmly to.
- Whatever sprout food you eat (moong, chana, pea, broccoli, etc.), if you do not like it, don’t toss out the whole category. Try something else.
- Try to learn how to make sprouts at home. This will save your time and money. It also gives you the opportunity to try as many types of sprout as you can.
- Most sprouts ingredients are affordable; therefore, stock many of them up at your kitchen.
- Use high quality sprouts. Low quality sprouts may cause some infections like salmonella, E-coli bacteria, and virus. When low quality sprouts are used, they may also cause fever and diarrhea.
- Children, pregnant women, the elderly, and persons who suffer some problems with their immune system MUST avoid eating raw sprouts.
- Cook sprouts carefully to avoid the risk of infection or illnesses. Cooking well helps in killing bad bacteria and viruses.
The Best Ways for Eating Sprouts
Some sprouts may not seem delicious enough for you to insist on eating them. It is right that there are so many other ways to lose weight, but sprouts are the cheapest and easiest up till now. So, don’t worry about it. A simple dressing can help! For example, you can add Little olive oil, apple cider vinegar, a minced garlic clove, etc. to add flavor to your sprout. Other ways include:
- Add sprouts to your tossed salads. They are wonderful when paired with chopped tomatoes, onions, parsley, and cucumbers.
- Sprinkle sprouts on your main meal. Some experts suggest adding moong beans and quinoa sprouts as they make your meal taste more delicious.
- Add to vegetarian sushi and wraps.
- For a topping, you can add smashed tomato, red pepper, or basil.
- Grind to a paste to make fillings, and add your favorite spices.
- Add omelets or scrambled eggs as a topping.
- Then Add the sprouts to the top of stews, soups, or rice dishes as a wonderful nutritious garnish.
- Add sprouts, e.g. moon beans sprouts, to your smoothies.
- Use some fries and vegetables.
How to Make Sure Your Sprouts Are Risk Free
Sometimes sprouts are contaminated, especially those that can be eaten raw. Here are some steps you should take to assure your sprouts are not contaminated.
- Wash all sprouts thoroughly with filtered water before eating them.
- Use a clean muslin cloth when moisturizing grains and legumes.
- Wash your hands well before touching the sprout ingredients.
- If you use canned or processed sprouts, look for the International Sprout Growers Association seal on the package.
- Look for the production and expiry date on the package.
- Check the sprouts to make sure the roots are clean and fresh. If the stem color is not white or creamy, do not buy them.
- Keep the sprouts in a refrigerator.
Benefits of Eating Sprouts for weight loss
In addition to weight loss and eliminating obesity, sprouts can do wonders. They keep your health well and play a significant role in helping improve your systems vial functions. They can clean the liver and detoxify your blood and body. By and large, there are a myriad benefits that sprouts can do to human body and systems.
- Prevent erectile dysfunction as they help increase blood flow in penis.
- Decrease the risk of heart attacks as sprouting keeps cholesterol under control.
- Prevent & cure anemia. Sprouts provide the blood with iron, and essential factor of creating red cells and hemoglobin.
- Help in digestion and can prevent diarrhea and even constipation. Fibers contained in sprouts can improve the digestive system function.
- Help in creating and renewing body cells as they are loaded with a great deal of proteins.
- Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which can improve heart health. Sprouting decreases stress on heart muscles, which makes them stronger, and improves their functions.
- Help cure blood pressure. The large amount of potassium existing in sprouts keeps blood pressure under control. This can reduce the risks of strokes.
- Increase essential fatty acid. Such essential fats are not included in most of our daily meals, and the body does not create them by itself.
Nutritional Value of Sprouts
All of sprouts have a large number of nutritional value. This has been scientifically established by large worldwide nutritional organizations. Such nutritional values give sprouts the priority over other well-known weight loss dietary regimes. All nutritional benefits are actually derived from their content of vitamin, mineral, and organic compounds. They contain large amounts of protein, fiber, folate, pantothinic acid, thiamin, niacin, and a large group of vitamins. When it comes to mineral, they include magnesium, copper, zinc, potassium, calcium, and iron. They also contain enzymes that are essential for health. All these compounds can prevent different kinds of diseases, and ep improve the body systems functions.
In brief, I will show the nutritional value of some of the most used sprouts.
- Moong beans sprouted raw
This diet is low in saturated fat, sodium, and LDL (bad cholesterol). Yet, it is n excellent source of pantothenic acid, protein, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and potassium. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, riboflavin, folate, copper and manganese.
- Sprouted lentils
It is known that sprouting seeds increase their nutritional value, especially vitamin levels. David Fankhauser, University of Cleveland, states that Sprouted lentil seeds are loaded with vitamins A, B, C and E important to overall health. One cup of sprouted lentil seed contain 77g of folate, B vitamin which is essential for iron production, and 248 mg of potassium which is crucial for muscle functions.
- Sprouted Chickpeas
Sprouted chickpeas are rich in helpful, necessary nutrients. In a single serving of sprouted chickpeas, one consumes less than 160 calories, which makes it an ideal diet. They are rich in carbohydrates and dietary fiber which prolong the feeling of satiety. One serving contains around 24 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of dietary fiber. Eating dietary fiber keeps the digestive system healthy and helps prevent diarrhea and constipation.
- Sprouted Wheat
This weight loss diet is very low in saturated fat, LDL (bad cholesterol), and sodium. It is also an excellent source of selenium, magnesium, and manganese. Unsaturated fats help in keeping the heart healthy, and prevent heart attacks. Minerals are crucial in strengthening muscles and bones. It is void of starch and sugars, which makes it ideal for a healthy body.
- Sprouted Alfalfa
Nothing can beat alfalfa regarding nutritional value. It is a small sprout with delicate nutty flavor that can be used as a filling for sandwiches as salad components. Alfalfa seeds and leaves are very high in vitamin K and vitamin C, and many other nutrients , such as copper, manganese, thiamin, riboflavin, iron, and folate. They are also low in calories, which helps much in losing weight.
Other Health Benefits of Eating Sprouts for Weight Loss
In addition to weight loss and eliminating obesity, eating sprouts has numerous health benefits. They are used for treating or preventing diabetes, cancer, diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, blood pressure, heart attacks, and many other chronic and non-chronic diseases.
In fact, sprouts for weight loss can give the following health benefits:
- Sprouts for skin
Eating healthy foods, like sprouts, is the best way to ensure having better, shiny, and smooth skin. Sprouts are well known for their high nutritional value that can help in ensuring healthy skin. Vitamins, minerals, and protein help in making skin glow. The antioxidants contained in sprouts reduce or prevent the free radicals that cause skin cancer, thus protecting the skin from sun rays damage and skin cancer. Vitamin C in sprouts enhances the production of collagen which promotes better skin.
- Sprouts Prevent Acne
Containing high levels of omega 3 fatty acids, sprouts can decrease inflammation which in turn reduces the risk of acne. This also can reduce other skin issues, such as scaling and pruritus. Actually sprouts can give a smooth and shiny skin without inflammation. Eradicating acne by consuming sprouts, you will enjoy a beautiful skin.
- Sprouts for Detoxifying Body
Sprouts contain antioxidants and silica. These two elements are essential for removing toxins from the body. Toxins always seep into bloodstream, causing vital systems malfunction.
- Sprouts for Preventing Premature Aging
Active antioxidants contained in sprouts prevent the DNA devastation and protect the body against continuing effects of premature aging. Beautiful ladies are advised to keep their beauty working by committing to consuming enough amounts of sprouts daily.
- Sprouts for Boosting Metabolism
Sprouts contain healthy enzymes which enhances metabolic process in the body. They also contain an enough amount of protein which allows body to perform all its functions, especially the creation and protection of cells, bone growth, muscle maturity, organ repair, and other vital processes. Thus, sprouts are the best and cheapest way of maintaining almost all the vital functions of the body.
- Shutler SM, Bircher GM, Tredger JA, Morgan LM, Walker AF, Low AG. The effect of daily baked bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) consumption on the plasma lipid levels of young, normo-cholesterolaemic men. Br J Nutr. 1989;61:257-265.